David Ford

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 23/11/2010, 15:44     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
La serata è quella del 18 dicembre... credo parta alle 21 italiane.

ah ecco, sarò in aeroporto... vabè :(
CITAZIONE
Io ovviamente sarò là!

ahah non c'erano dubbi! :P

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 17/12/2010, 14:30     +1   -1

Soffiate per mandare via la neve dall'Inghilterra che se no domani sono bella che fregata! :P

Per chi non avesse nulla da fare domani sera, qui c'è il link per seguire il concerto online:

www.stageit.com/site/performance/676

5 dollari per una buona causa e un grande show! ;) :fiori:

view post Posted on 17/12/2010, 16:04     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
Soffiate per mandare via la neve dall'Inghilterra che se no domani sono bella che fregata!

ahahah in bocca al lupo! e divertiti :fiori:

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 17/12/2010, 16:05     +1   -1

Ma grazie! :) :fiori: :fiori:

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 19/12/2010, 13:57     +1   -1

The Boomsong Singers Barbershop Quartet.

http://vimeo.com/17975936

Edited by °Lalla° - 22/12/2010, 10:11

RebRice93
view post Posted on 16/3/2011, 13:26     +1   -1

Lo conosco... solo qualche canzone però... mi piace molto! :D

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 16/3/2011, 17:34     +1   -1

Oh, miracolo! :D Qualcuno che conosce David! :fiori:

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 25/4/2011, 21:06     +1   -1

Esce in questi giorni il libro di David "I CHOOSE THIS - How To Nearly Make it in the Music Industry". Lo si può comprare online nel suo negozio online per ora.
Vi copio qui il primissimo capitolo che è stato postato sul forum, tanto per farvi un'idea del contenunto.
Io l'ho ordinato e sto aspettando che mi arrivi. Curiosissima da bava alla bocca! :ihih:

How Did it Ever Come to This?

I stood on the stage looking out at the death of a bright summer. Small clusters of people were sitting on the grass under some pissed-off looking clouds, umbrellas at the ready. Children in excessive performance make up were flitting around backstage like exuberant flies on a massive, massive piece of s**t.

It was never supposed to be like this. Every moment of my adult life had been spent striving for something that was now dying amidst the miserable, hysterical enthusiasm of a local radio roadshow. All my dreams had come true and it was unthinkably depressing. The weather was ugly. The turnout was dismal. The day was a complete disaster. That much was obvious. Still the MC was bravely doing her thing with a forced joy that made her appear psychotic.

“Alright! How ya doing? Make some noise!” she shrieked. No noise was forthcoming.

Radio Nowhere-ville had wanted a celebrity turn. They could only afford us. We were warming up the tiny crowd for a local primary school dance troupe. It was a new low. There could be no coming back from this. The backing track started and like a trio of obedient performing chimpanzees, we began miming an approximation of live music. There was none of that familiar old stage adrenalin, just an overwhelming sense of shame.

The rain started perfectly on cue. If there is a God, He really knows when to put the boot in. Kids slid off the bouncy castle, put their shoes on and ran for shelter. A tarp was thrown over the toffee apple stand. The fifteen or so people who had been watching with disinterest were now heading for the trees. The audience was gone. I didn’t care. I wasn’t even singing, just moving my mouth. It wasn’t a real gig. Hell, it wasn’t even a real microphone. This was a fitting end. Just me and two people who hated my guts, pretending to play music to an empty field.

If there was any comfort to be derived from this final humiliation, I could at least appreciate the irony that I was having a bloody awful time, miming to a song about what a bloody awful time I was having. That’s just me, sincere to the last.

The other crumb of solace was that I knew that this was as bad as it could possibly get. There were no more mistakes left to make. I had a full collection.

Turns out I was wrong about that as well.

But it wasn’t over for me. There was still a bright future to be had making music. All I needed was to get myself the hell out of the music business.

view post Posted on 25/4/2011, 22:40     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

A me in generale stanno un po' sulle palle i cantanti che si improvvisano scrittori, o gli attori che si improvvisano cantanti, eccetera... però se trascrivi tutto il libro lo leggo volentieri :rolleyes:

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 25/4/2011, 23:21     +1   -1

Ah ah, attaccati! :fiori:

Ma sono d'accordo con te... però lui ha sempre scritto bene. E le sue canzoni hanno più a che fare con le parole che con la musica. E poi sono evidentemente cose che sentiva di dire. E un libro era l'unico modo per sviscerarle appropriatamente...

Ma poi... non prendiamoci in giro... qualunque cosa faccia quest'uomo per me è oro! :fiori:

yellow brick road
view post Posted on 1/5/2011, 10:32     +1   -1

La copertina è molto bella :D

A me piacciono tantissimo i libri scritti dai musicisti :D
Per caso sai se da qualche parte si trova l'ebook? O se il libro verrà distribuito nelle librerie?
Le spese di spedizione costano quanto metà libro :(

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 7/5/2011, 10:36     +1   -1

No, direi che per ora quello è l'unico modo di procurarselo... :dunno:
Hai ragione, quel sito di merchandize ha spese di spedizioni sono davvero mostruose! Non si spiega... per poi mandarlo via posta normale... cosa che implica 2 settimane di attesa. Ancora non mi è arrivato... PIZZA!

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 18/8/2011, 11:40     +1   -1

Per chi fosse interessato c'è un'ora intera di chiacchierata con David fatta dalla rivista The Word:

http://www.wordmagazine.co.uk/content/davi...eres-no-success

Parlano di quello che c'è nel libro e di industria musicale in generale... e del perchè il Boss è un grande fan di David. :fiori: :fiori:

view post Posted on 18/8/2011, 14:16     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
e del perchè il Boss è un grande fan di David.

:o:

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 18/8/2011, 15:48     +1   -1

:shifty: :shifty: :ihih:

59 replies since 7/2/2008, 16:49   577 views