borneoman
view post Posted on 31/10/2014, 10:48     +1   -1

100 songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

view post Posted on 31/10/2014, 19:59     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Interessantissimo video:

Video

ps. non è la prima volta che parla di questa "lady" da cui è andato per risolvere i suoi problemi... l'oracolo :wub:

Isthatit
view post Posted on 31/10/2014, 20:21     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (°Lalla° @ 31/10/2014, 10:06) 

"I invited all these different sides of myself to dinner - the arrogant fucker, the really nice guy, the over-polite fella - and we all just sat down and had a lot of dinners together and slowly, when I made friends with all these different crazy personalities that were going on in my head, I started to feel less angry and less frustrated and everything just started to open up and then I started to reach for the guitar again and tinkling at the piano again, and I started spotting all these things that I had done in the past that led to this thing happening, and so my finger-pointing completely changed."

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: Che gli si può dire? :wub: :wub:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Sta ufficialmente annunciando che soffre di sdoppiamento di personalità o di personalità multiple :woot:
cosa che sapevamo bene ma ora la sa anche lui: quello arrogante, quello carino, quello gentile, quello bastardo, quello super dolce, quello che cerca di mediare fra i tutti gli altri, e almeno altri 3 o quattro che si alternano sul palco, alla radio, al mercato, nelle clip, in diving, sailing, swimming in the brain ecc ecc

ah... e quello che ha un gran senso autoironico... :D :D
grande!

CITAZIONE (gloria_ita @ 31/10/2014, 19:59) 
Interessantissimo video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdjqyw8qAHs

ps. non è la prima volta che parla di questa "lady" da cui è andato per risolvere i suoi problemi... l'oracolo :wub:

adesso lo risento ma davvero molto interessante.
sembra che l'alchimia trovi una strada catalizzatrice in Islanda. Avete visto che immagini?

e la lady... uhm...

.viola.
view post Posted on 31/10/2014, 21:48     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (Isthatit @ 31/10/2014, 20:21) 
CITAZIONE (°Lalla° @ 31/10/2014, 10:06) 
"I invited all these different sides of myself to dinner - the arrogant fucker, the really nice guy, the over-polite fella - and we all just sat down and had a lot of dinners together and slowly, when I made friends with all these different crazy personalities that were going on in my head (...)

Sta ufficialmente annunciando che soffre di sdoppiamento di personalità o di personalità multiple

oddio, immaginare questa cosa delle personalità multiple a tavola invitate a cena mi ricorda tantissimo alcune scene, e in particolare una puntata di South Park in cui Cartman aveva lo stesso problema e si sedeva a tavola con le sue bambole che faceva parlare e ci prendeva il tè, e nella puntata sulle personalità multiple i suoi pupazzi diventavano addirittura assassini l'uno dell'altro, mentre lui cercava di dare la colpa ad altre persone reali. :ph34r: lo so che sembra OT e mi scuso, ma mi sta facendo troppo ridere perchè mi immagino Damiano disegnato in South Park che fa le stesse cose :ph34r:

@Glory, il video è proprio bello, grazie per averlo postato :wub:

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 1/11/2014, 11:50     +1   -1

Bella l'immagine della barca senza meta con la vela sciolta e il concetto che con troppa libertà ci si strozza. :fiori: :fiori: Grazie Glo!

Isthatit
view post Posted on 4/11/2014, 22:57     +1   -1

Intervista di radio capital
http://www.capital.it/capital/radio/progra...2509684/3760531

dice chiaramente che a primavera/estate torna e che vorrebbe fare quello che di solito non si fa quando si promuove un album e poi si va in concerto.
Nonché suonare in posti unconventional (l'ha detto l'intervistatore in realtà).

Dài che forse ai suoni delle dolomiti ci arriva questa volta!! :yeah:

e come ha già ripreso Marti... Perché l'album My FAVOURITE FADED FANTASY si chiama cosi?
"perché mi sono detto che sarebbe stato funny venire in Italia e sentire pronunciare questo titolo dagli italiani" :lmao:
... e ci prende pure in giro :comehere: :comehere: :comehere: :comehere:

intanto canta dal vivo The box in una bella bella versione (forse la migliore che abbia mai sentito)

borneoman
view post Posted on 6/11/2014, 08:24     +1   -1

visto adesso il video dove parla da Islanda!!! incredibile!

borneoman
view post Posted on 11/11/2014, 19:50     +1   -1

interview a Current FM (Minnesota):

www.thecurrent.org/feature/2014/11/11/damien-rice-interview

what´s your favourite song from the album? at the moment, It Takes a Lot To Know a Man

view post Posted on 13/11/2014, 11:31     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

ESQ: What's the story behind the title track?

DR: "My Favorite Faded Fantasy" was the only song actually written in the studio. Everything else had been prepared somewhere before, but that song came out of nowhere in the process. And it was the song that tied up the era that I'd been through. It felt like writing that song was releasing one era and moving into the next. It also came from this place where I really used to believe the things I was thinking, and now I really don't believe them. There are lots of thoughts that happen and pop in the brain. I feel like I'm moving from a world where I was creating fantasies that weren't real inside—and very often feeling really dissatisfied—to now living in reality for the first time in my life since I was a kid, and learning to appreciate where I am now while actually sitting with that reality.
(via)

"I was writing songs but I wasn't connected to the lyrics that were coming out. The songs would happen and I would enjoy them at the time but when I listened back it wasn't what I wanted to be expressing," he explains.
"I think I had a lot of old leaves to sweep up and move off my driveway so that I could get out of the place I'd been on and then move on to somewhere new. And part of that process was getting a load of those songs out of my system."

"My job is to focus on being as much in the flow as possible and creating music with as much integrity as possible. That's what I consider to be my job, the rest of it, they're passers-by."

Despite his distaste for the trappings of being a successful recording artist, Rice still feels a strong urge to release his work.
"I guess there's desire in me to be able to create a piece of art... a record that I can put on and that satisfies me in a way that other records have satisfied me from other artists. There's this craving to create this solid thing to be able to share."

So once his music is "out there", does he care what the critics think?
"I've asked management to keep all reviews out of my sight, I don't want to know anything. It's none of my business. It can be distracting. If you are looking for a good review, you're looking to boost your ego, and if you're looking for negative things in a review then you're looking for those things you want to beat yourself up with. I'm not interested in doing either... I want to stay centred."
(via)

°Lalla°
view post Posted on 13/11/2014, 12:02     +1   -1

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Ufff... per me a sto punto potrebbe tenere delle conferenze. andrei a sentirlo parlare per ore... che poi alla sua velocità diventerebbero giorni interi.

nirìa_dr
view post Posted on 14/11/2014, 09:04     +1   -1

ma che bella la foto in alto!! sembrano ridere davvero di cuore mentre stanno a piedi nudi con l'oceano sullo sfondo!!

''(...) there are countless things he'd change now''... io credo questo sia normale. O almeno.. succederebbe anche a me.
Qualunque cosa io scrivessi, suonassi, disegnassi oggi non mi piacerebbe di certo già tra due anni, figuriamoci tra dodici! Forse me ne vergognerei addirittura.
È una caratteristica intrinseca degli animi perfezionisti, di quelli che non sanno cosa sia la megalomania, e a quanto pare neanche vari dischi di platino riescono a curare questa ''patologia''!! Damien caro, non è perché sei irlandese, c’è una frazione di essere umani che nasce così.. e non possiamo farci nulla :rolleyes:

borneoman
view post Posted on 17/11/2014, 11:27     +1   -1

Billboard interview

Billboard interview, very interesting

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/631..._source=twitter

piace questa parte:

We were in the studio in Reykjavik, in the process of some final mixing edits, and we were having technical problems. Mastering was booked and it seemed clear to me that there was no way we could make the mastering deadline so I was just about to call off the album release plans and then Kari, a friend in Iceland, sat me on the couch in the studio, asked Mio the engineer to line up the songs in the order that I'd planned for the album, and he told me to just listen to them all in order, as they were. I sat there, listened, and cried when it got to the end because it was finished and I hadn't noticed.

.viola.
view post Posted on 17/11/2014, 17:28     +1   -1

grazie per i link e le interviste :fiori:

ps: Glory però in questo forum manca una faccina fondamentale. giorni fa dovevo esprimere qui uno stato d'animo che non si poteva esprimere a parole (e non solo in questo topic), ma mancava la faccina adatta. per ora mi limito a questa: :huh: ma non rende abbastanza.
sono basita e sconcertata da alcune cose.

view post Posted on 17/11/2014, 23:50     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

ahah aspe, che faccina?

45 replies since 12/9/2014, 15:13   869 views