Nuovo singolo: The Greatest Bastard

« Older   Newer »
°Lalla°
view post Posted on 30/10/2014, 18:31 by: °Lalla°     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (gloria_ita @ 30/10/2014, 18:03) 
CITAZIONE
Dobbiamo cogliere delle metafore acquatiche?

www.theguardian.com/music/2014/oct/...e-faded-fantasy

“I took a break, and I went off to do something,” he says of the period after 9. “People say, ‘What did you do?’ Erm, let’s say” – a mammoth pause – “let’s say I was a lover of the sea. And I …” – another pause – “I was a sea swimmer, that’s what I was doing. I went off to do a free-diving course, I learned how to scuba dive, I also learned sailing, I also learned surfing.”

Diving, sailing: these seem like precisely the kind of activities with which you might idle away your time were you a rock star on sabbatical with plenty of money (9’s sales were something of a disappointment compared with his 2002 debut O, which went quadruple platinum in the UK alone). I start to ask him when he got interested in watersports and he frowns. “No, I was actually using that as a metaphor for … brain courses. Courses on the brain. I did all kinds of things. Scuba diving in the brain, free-diving in the brain, swimming, sailing, surfing in the brain: I did all these things. I realised I was completely fascinated by human beings and how easy it was to go from a feeling of exultation or elation to a spiralling into depression. And so I went and studied. I wanted to learn what it was that was triggering these really extreme irrational behaviours. I wanted to learn how to … not control it, but at least understand it.”

:ihih:

:o: :o: :o: :o: :B): :B): :B): Damiano non delude mai...

16 replies since 29/10/2014, 16:31   275 views