Camarillas

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 10/11/2014, 03:20     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

Interrompo i vostri discorsi sul testo per dire che è si una canzone semplicissima ma anche molto carina... mi piace! molto fresca e senza pretese, lontana dalla complessità dell'album, ottima come bonus track.
Dopo averla ascoltata posso ribadire che adoro il modo di cantare di Damiano? cioè lo adoravo anche prima, ma in questa canzone lo sento ancora di più! specie nel ritmo del ritornello :wub:

Web  Top
view post Posted on 10/11/2014, 09:40     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

ma a voi non sembra una canzone dell'era Juniper?

Heyhey
view post Posted on 10/11/2014, 21:47     +1   -1

Sorry to interrupt in English! But I have been hearing Camarillas on repeat over the past two days, and I am pretty certain, that as some of you said, he does say
Your camarillas,
compliment/complement the nonsense you're knitting
And colour in the fillers (reference -- 'colour me in' instead?)
Rub you raw with rubber love

I think the last line has a two way meaning, wherein, he is saying that her camarillas (group of advisers/friends) have loved her in such a way, that has left her raw, and erased her love for him (rubber is another word for eraser) and tried to erase his love for her. That is to say, that their love leaves her raw and tries to remove his love off of her, like an eraser! I hope that made sense! :)

Also, I am quite surprised he said "Compliment the nonsense you're knitting"! It is slightly offensive I would think! Anyway, carry on, just thought I'd try and clear out the lyrics a bit. I LOVE this song :). The strings are just too good.

view post Posted on 10/11/2014, 22:59     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

hey there "heyhey", thanks for signing up and posting! You really have a point here. The rubber/eraser thing makes total sense!

anyway, welcome!
;)

borneoman
view post Posted on 11/11/2014, 07:59     +1   -1

thanks and welcome

actually, I always call them "erasers" but just been told that´s the US name and that in Ireland/UK they´re called "rubbers"

.viola.
view post Posted on 11/11/2014, 21:19     +1   -1

@Heyhey: thank you for your help with the lyrics and the meaning!
CITAZIONE
I LOVE this song :). The strings are just too good.

I'm probably the only one in here, but I completely agree with you :)

@Glory: no, a me non sembra una canzone dell'era Juniper, anzi più l'ascolto e più mi piace :ph34r:

@Isa:
CITAZIONE
molto fresca e senza pretese, lontana dalla complessità dell'album

è proprio il motivo percui piace tanto anche a me, e mi piace il modo in cui qui sono usati gli strumenti, e l'arrangiamento.
CITAZIONE
Dopo averla ascoltata posso ribadire che adoro il modo di cantare di Damiano? cioè lo adoravo anche prima, ma in questa canzone lo sento ancora di più! specie nel ritmo del ritornello

sono d'accordo anche su questo, a proposito, la cosa che mi piace di più è proprio il ritmo, e io l'avrei anche accentuato di più con una batteria appena un pochino più incisiva. e a me piace come canta ancora più nelle strofe che nel ritornello, perchè si sente come sottolinea lo scazzo/fastidio espresso delle parole del testo, sembra un po' il Damiano dei "vecchi tempi" :wub:

@Marti: io lo sapevo che rubber = eraser = gomma (in italiano), per questo avevo detto che poteva essere una metafora del tipo "amore di gomma" = "amore finto", materiale ma superficiale, non concreto e reale (non so se mi sto spiegando, non mi sto capendo neanche io :ph34r: ). però in effetti ha più senso l'interpretazione che ha dato Heyhey.
ma quindi è sicuro che sia "rub you raw"?

borneoman
view post Posted on 12/11/2014, 08:19     +1   -1

niente sicuro, non abbiamo il testo ufficiale

21 replies since 7/11/2014, 14:01   358 views